The Gumbo Band
The Gumbo Band is a Mardi Gras Marching and Funeral Band., We also do Zydeco stage shows, including Blues, Jazz, DixieLand and R & B.SHOW STOPPING High Energy ENTERTAINMENT. We have many special arrangements to class Cajun, Zydeco, Jazz-Blues-Funk-& Gospel classics! As Ambassadors of the authentic New Orleans sound we perform at Parades, Funerals, Fairs, Weddings, and Special Events, etc. We are very versatile in order to fit your request! Our typical band size is 10 musicians, but we are negotiable with the price in order to fit within your budget if necessary! I would very much like to discuss your circumstances with you. We have played for the following events, just to name a few, as well as for festivals, colleges, universities, churches, private parties, dances, benefits, night clubs and shows:
SAN FRANCISCO JAZZ FESTIVAL, OAKLAND JAZZ FESTIVAL, UNION STREET FAIR, YOSHI's NIGHT CLUB,
PALO ALTO STREET FAIR, KIMBALL'S WEST & EAST, SAN FRANCISCO ART FESTIVAL, FILMORE ST. FESTIVAL, GREAT AMERICAN MUSIC HALL, KCSM "JAZZ ON THE HILL", JAZZ WORKSHOP
Gumbo Band co-leaders,Jazz Drummer Paul Tillman Smith and Trumpeter, Dr David Hardiman Sr are well known and highly respected music teachersand historians and you are welcomed to google their names
Small Size Band: local 100 mile radius for information about their varied careers.
1. 5 Musicians. $150 per musician plus leader fee $250.Total price. $850.00
2. This price increases per musician.
3. 6 piece Band: $1000.00
4. Our normal Band size is 8 musicians. Cost between $1800 to $2000.00.
These prices are for a two hour two set engagement with one twenty-five minute break.
5. A three to four hour engagement with three 45 minute sets will include a thirty percent fee increase.
6. Parades can include up to ten musicians.
7. Prices may vary for a marching Band coupled with a stage show. Stage shows may include extra musicians, e.g., accordion, piano, bass , guitar, vocalist, etc. The price will go up per musician added.
8. Some prices may be negotiable based on individual needs.
9. Prices change for out of state performances
If sound is included that price is negotiated separately and can vary from $500 to $3000 based on the particulars of the job. Our company Crossover Sound is a well established sound company who has done sound for many of the top Festivals and companies in the greater Bay Area including the Cherry festival, The Lakeside Festival, The Black Expo, Sonoma Wine Festival plus Google, eBay and Yahoo's employee party's.
Check out an original Gumbo Band tune: